Sunday, August 2, 2009

Progress update, 2/08

I've done a lot since my last update. Honestly! I've got older work ready to go online, and several new pieces of work (that I've learned a lot from) to go up, too. Haven't put them up yet because the file sizes are a big on the large size as I've kept the files at full size and resolution in order to retain the quality when I do eventually upload them. I'm planning a mass upload when I can get a decent internet speed (the mobile broadband I use varies wildly in regards to speed, and the download limit seriously screwed me recently, leaving me quite out of pocket) and I'll schedule the updates for every 3-4 days until it's all up. Will hopefully get that done within the next week. I've been putting it off because I don't want to waste time uploading work when I could be making new work. Let's not forget the usual delays from working in the shop a lot, the brief spell where the house was trashed and the central heating was being replaced and the week and a half where I was working on a short film for a student in Coleg Sir Gar's Media Department (also referred to by Mr Jeffcoate and myself as 'The Mothership' and 'Homeland').

Technically speaking, I've managed to finish all the After Effects exclusive projects, so I can move on to the Blender projects which I'll learn a lot from, and that's it. I genuinely have very little left to make, and then it's showreel all the way. Onwards and upwards, to infinity and beyond.

No comments: